Information for Churches Hosting Traveling Day Camp and Groups Participating in Challenge To Change Programs
We value the partnerships we have with churches like yours. Those partnerships enable us to provide unique programs like Traveling Day Camp and Challenge to Change. With the spread of COVID-19 across our country and the rapidly changing updates and recommendations, there is much uncertainty about what the summer will look like. Based upon the best current information and guidance from local and state Departments of Health, Cedarkirk has closed its facility to guests through the end of April.
Since we simply don’t know what the situation will look like in the next weeks and months, we are planning to move forward with residential summer camp programs, Traveling Day Camp programs, and Challenge To Change programs. Cedarkirk staff believe in the transforming power of outdoor ministry for children and youth and hope to provide these experiences for our campers this summer.
We will continue to monitor the ongoing challenges posed by COVID-19 and will follow any guidance or directives passed down by the Department of Health, local bodies, and the CDC, and will update you as we make decisions closer to our summer programs.
We also acknowledge you must make the best decision for your church or group. Should you feel you need to cancel your event with us, we understand. Your group’s event contract outlines Cedarkirk’s stated cancellation policies. However, in light of the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, we are extending the following temporary adjustments to our Traveling Day Camp and Challenge To Change cancellation policies:
- Reschedule of event reservations: TDC or C2C groups may transfer their non-refundable deposit to a program reservation for the following summer with no penalty.
- Reduction of Tier Size: TDC groups may reduce their contracted number of participants at no penalty up to three weeks before their scheduled program.
- Site Closure: Events affected by a closure or cessation of Cedarkirk’s summer programming may either donate their deposit or request a refund of the deposit.
- Availability: All event transfers are subject to availability. If an event transfer is not possible due to lack of availability, the deposit may be donated to Cedarkirk or refunded.
- **Please know that Cedarkirk’s fees and cancellation policy support and sustain Cedarkirk’s year-round ministry, particularly during this difficult time.
We appreciate the opportunity to work with your church and are hopeful we will be able to provide a faith-forming summer program for your children, youth, and volunteers.
813.685.4224 x2 email@example.com